Wednesday 8 May 2013

Doing Ordinary Things in Extraordinary Places

The greatest fun I have is doing the same old stuff in a new place.  Generally when I go to a new place there are some things I always do
  • visit a pharmacy/chemist - I love see what toothpaste and what makeup is being sold I can spend hours looking a new lipsticks or trying to work out what products are shampoos or conditioners
  • go to a supermarket is always great fun
  • visit houses - usually I go to open houses and pretend that I am going to buy
  • go to the movies
  • try new softdrinks...even I cannot read the label
  • go to the movies - each country has different concession stands 

Over the next few months I am going to write articles about specific experiences....I encourage you to try doing something you like when you visit a new place.  It's often the mundane that tells us most about different cultures.

Cheers
T

No comments:

Post a Comment